* Assists Purchasing Manager in all activities pertaining to procurement and purchasing.
* Responsible for paper flow as it pertains to purchasing functions. This includes key entry, filing, logging, and proper disbursal of all purchase orders.
* Expediting of orders as required by Department Management.
* Follows all procedures in accordance with company policy and internal control.
* Provides administrative support as necessary.
* Assures accurate files and record keeping.
* Promotes positive public relations.
* Promotes outstanding customer relations.
* Promotes honesty and trust amongst the team.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of one (1) year clerical experience required.
* One (1) to Three (3) years of related experience.
* Ability to learn and apply knowledge of standard purchasing procedures and filling systems required.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
* Must have excellent telephone skills.
* Must be able to communicate with others in a courteous manner.
* Must be able to remain flexible in an environment of constant change.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule according to the needs of the business including evenings, weekends and holidays.